The Darkness Consumes All!

My photo
Spokane Valley, WA, United States

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Review of "Cleansing the Damned"

Here's a review from Est over @  www.dark-factory.blogspot.com. He's from Poland so be aware that his site is not in English.

"This album is a curiosity. I've never heard of a doom metal and industrial combination. Those are the prevailing genre's although the musician defines his music as industrial/sludge/doom/black metal, but there's more doom and industrial than the other genre's (first of all I don't like doom metal). The strongest aspect of this album is the atmosphere - everything here is stuffy and languid. My favorite track on this record is 'Slavery' - heavy industrial music with doom tempo. There are some more interesting tracks, like 'Tahoe's and Escalade's' which smashed me into the ground and 'Lost', the last and longest track on the record. 'Lost' is some great, relaxing music, exactly 12 minutes of relaxing music. How does the combination of industrial and doom metal sound? Not bad, but I think there is some room to grow. I have hope that the next record will have more smashing tracks like 'Slavery'. I am recommending 'Cleansing the Damned' to people who are curious about the mix of metal genre's."

6,5/10
Est
www.dark-factory.blogspot.com



I like what he had to say. I'm not sure if their will be too many more tracks like "Slavery" though. This album was a mix of different ideas. I like a lot of different styles of music and I felt like throwing a few into the mix. And I realized now that the Black Metal tag was ridiculous. But I will definitely take 6.5 out of 10 on my first album. The next one might be completely different but exactly the same. Who knows what might come out of me. That's the great thing about being independent of the music industry, I can do whatever I feel like. And finally, you can buy "Cleansing the Damned" on CD @ www.misanthropicdisenchantmentrecords.com for $10.00 plus $3.00 shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment